Sunday, April 29, 2007

Almost Over



I'm so excited that this semester is almost over! I have one more of each of my classes, then five days until my first final, and I get home May ninth!
This weekend was a sort of end-of-semester celebration (I'm sure next weekend will be too whenever we're not cramming). On Friday we went out for dinner instead of going to SAGA, our cafeteria, which is always so nice. Then we had a few friends in and out of our room, playing guitar and talking, until swing club, which was open dance this time. It was really fun, especially since we spent most of the time teaching one of our friends to dance. At first he said he hated dancing, but by the end of the night when he'd done really well and learned everything we had time to teach him about East Coast swing, he decided to come back next semester every week.
Yesterday was a busy day. After brunch, we went to see As You Like It put on by some students in our arboretum. It was very well acted, and a lot of fun. After that was what our school called "Centralhallapalooza", which was a bunch of student bands playing good live music, some inflatables, and really good ice cream. That was also a lot of fun. Then, to top it all off, Clara and I came back and wrote papers. ;) They were short, just three pages, so that was nice to get them done. Today is just a homework day, finishing up work that's due by Tuesday.
I'm going to miss my friends~ we had a lot of fun this weekend, as we always do~ but I can't wait to be at home, in the kitchen drinking iced tea, or out in the barn playing with the ponies, or playing games with the boys. I know God will get me through these last few days of finishing papers before the end of the semester, and through finals week, and then I'll be back in Washington! :-)

1 comment:

Kat said...

Wow! It's hard to imagine that this first year of college has gone by already! Sounds like you had a really nice time this weekend...glad you have such good friends there. Are most of them going to be back next year? Hoorah for going back home for the summer! That will be so nice, I'm sure. Relaxing and good to be back home. Maybe we'll have some more time for msn chatting...I know I've been really bad about being online (sorry!). Talk to you later! Lots of love, Katie Rose